As a good practice, organisations define responsibilities of their employees and respectively assign roles to them. Few common examples of roles in an organisation are – HR Manager, HR Executive, Payroll Admin, Asset Manager etc. With each role, come different responsibilities.
Having multiple roles defined in an organisation also helps enhance performance of employees, since employees know exactly what is expected from them.
Keka has 6 pre-defined roles that can be assigned to the employees. Each role has restrictions to modules that can be accessed.
Here’s list of roles and associated access privileges/permissions they provide:
- Global Admin – A ‘Global Admin’ role has all permissions across the Organisation’s Keka system. They can view and make changes to almost everything related to their organisation’s information on Keka, including finances. Usually CXOs and Director(s) of the organisation are assigned this role.
- HR Manager – An ‘HR Manager’ role can access all employee information including employees’ profile details, attendance, leaves & salary/financial details. ‘HR Manager’ role will have restricted access to Settings, and can only make changes to Company Settings, Billing, Leaves & Holidays, Employee, Time & Attendance, Onboarding & Exit.
- HR Executive – An ‘HR Executive’ role has same access that an ‘HR Manager’ role has, except having access to salary/financial details of the employees.
- Payroll Admin – A ‘Payroll Admin’ will have access to all financial details of the organisation to effectively manage the payroll process of the organisation. Though, a ‘Payroll Admin’ will not have access to employees’ profile including employees’ leaves, time & attendance etc.
- Asset Manager – An ‘Asset Manager’ will have access to only asset related information of employees to effectively manage asset tracking & allocation.
- Project Admin – A ‘Project Admin’ will have all permissions across the Projects including Clients, Timesheet, Team, Tasks and Billing, Reports. ‘Project Admin’ will not have any access related to employees’ profile including employees’ leaves, time & attendance, and payroll.
Related: Can an employee have multiple roles assigned? Also can multiple employees have the same role?
In case you are having trouble assigning roles, write to email@example.com.