Removing an employee from your organization (a.k.a. Exiting an employee)
IMPORTANT: Users’ profile on Keka CANNOT be deleted. In case you want to deactivate/remove an account from your organization’s account, please exit the employee as described below.
To remove/exit an employee, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to employee’s profile by typing the employee’s name in the search bar
Step 2: On the employee’s profile, you can find the Initiate Exit button on the extreme right hand side of the profile. Click on ‘Initiate Exit’
Step 3: On the screen that follows, please fill in all the details as described below:
- Termination Triggered By – Select if the termination was due to employee action (Voluntary – Resignation, Absconding, Retirement, etc.), or the employee was asked to leave, by the employer (Involuntary – Performance Issue, Misconduct, etc.). Select ‘Other’ if the reason is neither Voluntary, nor Involuntary (in case of Death, Medical Condition, etc.).
- Termination Reason – Select reason of termination from the options appearing in the dropdown.
- Regret Termination – Check this if you regret the termination of employee.
- Ok To Rehire – Check this if you are ok to again hire this employee in future.
- Termination Notification Date – When did the employee notify you about the resignation.
- Original Notice Period – Original notice period of the employee. This will be auto-populated (based on default settings for the employee) and can be changed.
- Adjusted Notice Period – In case there has been an adjustment/change in the notice period of the employee based on your discussion with the employee, you can update it here. This will automatically update the ‘Last Working Day’ of the employee.
- Last Working Day – In case you know the agreed last working day of the employee (as agreed upon), you can select the date. This will automatically update the adjusted notice period (if any).
- Notice Period Compensation – Choose if you want to compensate the employee for adjusted notice period.
- Payroll End Date – Specify the day on which payroll will end for the employee. Generally, the last working day of the employee is chosen to be the payroll end date as well.
- Notes – Any additional notes you would want to add against this employee for future reference.
Click on ‘Continue’ and you will be directed to transfer role of the exiting employee, to any current employee of the organization.
Step 4: On the next screen, you are required to assign a new reporting manager to the employees who were earlier reporting to the employee being exited.
You can either choose to assign all the reportees of exiting employee to a new employee
In the example above: All the employees who were earlier reporting to Abhishek Pandey, will now be assigned to Anusha Reddy for reporting.
Or, you can choose to assign each reportees individually to new (different) reporting managers
In the example above: All the employees who were earlier reporting to Haaris Farooqui, will now be assigned individually to new reporting managers. Veera will report to Anusha Reddy, Farooqui Shah will report to Chethan, and so on.
Once done assigning, click on ‘Complete’, and you have successfully exited the employee from your organization.
In case you are not able to exit an employee, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.